Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Script

Secondfeld

(Series/ episode #01)

By

Donna

Alysha

Ian




1. INT ALLY IN STEVE’S LIVING ROOM/ APARTMENT AFTERNOON

Ally and Steve are getting ready to leave to go to the cinema’s. Standing around the laptop Steve’s about to log out. in myspace.

ALLY

Do you ever wounder how pop-corn made it as a big tradition in cinemas?

STEVE

I know, it almost seems so wrong eating pop-corn without watching a movie.

ALLY

Wait down log of your slow dial-up Internet. Just wanna check my myspace’s comments.

Ally discovers that she Steve’s 7th top friend, she smiles.

2. INT TOYOTA STANDING OUTSIDE APARTMENT

Toyota is standing out side apartment with all his gear in a box. He just got kicked out.

TOYOTA

Common let me back in, I’ll be clean, I wont leave my mess around any more…common you’re my Steve…. brother?

3. EXT TOYOTA ON LAPTOP

Toyota is out at a park on his laptop with his box full of stuff. He Myspace’s Ally asking if he can move in with her and Freak.

4. INT ALLY ON HER COMPUTER

Ally says yes for Toyota moving in because she has a crush on Toyotas brother and just started dating him.

ALLY thinking in her head

Yes, If he moves in I can get closer to his brother… Steve is so cute!

5. INT Freak and Ally’s LIVING ROOM/ APARTMENT NEXT NIGHT AFTERNOON

Freak and Ally are sitting on coach having beer.

Freak

Top friends!!!

Ally

After two dates!

Freak

What number?

Ally

seven

Freak

What really. That’s pretty good.. I mean you know that takes some effort you know, with her slow dial net, I mean by the time it loads when there’s changers all that.

Audiences laugh

Ally

I know. I know.

Freak

So any way, I got an email from Ace web designs, offering me a possible potion. Where meeting up on Brunswick street for lunch.

Ally

Really?

Freak

Yeah and they are a way better company then the one I’m in now.. and almost double my celery better my friend!

Text Box: 2 Audiences laugh

Ally

Really that’s great!

Freak

But thing is I;m on a two year contract with my job I’m in now… they know that though…

Ally

Really… then what the hell do they want from you?

Freak

Oh my… your right… What the hell do they what from me!

Audiences laugh

(Toyota walks in and greets Ally and Freak, Freak is still talking to Ally.)

Freak

I dunno. Now I’m nerves with my lunch.

Toyota

What, why, what did you eat?

Audiences laugh

3.INT BACK IN Steve’S LIVING ROOM/ APARTMENT NEXT NIGHT

Ally walks into Steve’s apartment. Steve’s mad because Ally is late. Ally discovers that she’s gone down to the 9th myspace top friend.

Ally

(rashes in) Sorry I’m late, I’ll make it up to you, say we go out for dinner tonight?

STEVE

(madly) Yeah some place nice this nice this time! …I’m going to get my jacket (walks out)

Ally

Yeah sorry about the other night, I herd good things about that place. I’m just going to check my myspace.

4.INT Ally and Freak’s LIVING ROOM/ APARTMENT NIGHT

Ally is talking to Freak and Toyota while watching a DVD.

Ally

So I’m ninth place now!

Audiences laugh

Freak

What!, so it’s like she’s ranking you.

Toyota

This top friends is like a relationship thermomotor.

Text Box: 3Audiences laugh

Ally

I know, that’s so true. I slip up and I then slip down of the bottom with top friends pile!

Audiences laugh

5.INT Freak’S LUNCH WITH THE ACE WEB DESIGNERS

At a café with a male and female in business suits.

FEMALE

Now, unfortunately, The rules prevent us from making you an offer
while you're still under contract.


MALE

You understand what we're talking about?



Freak

So you're talking...



MALE

No, no. We're “not” talking... We're just, talking.


Audiences laugh

Freak

So, you need me to get fired.



FEMALE

We didn't say that. We couldn't say that, because even if we did...



MALE

...we couldn't say that we said it.You see what we're saying?



Freak

(jokingly) You are still paying for this lunch?



MALE

(serious) We didn't say that.

Audiences laugh

6.INT Ally and Freak’s BEDROOM NIGHT

Donna and Roza are lying in bed, Both side lumps are on. Roza is reading through some paper work.

Toyota

How was the meeting?



Freak

(smiles) There was no meeting. But it was quite
a meeting. (Roza screws up her face in confusion) You are looking at the next director of Ace’s web. The only thing
is, I have to get fired from my work first.

Freak

You can do that.


Audiences laugh

Freak

Text Box: 4Of course. But I really wanna leave my mark this time, you know, uh. I
wanna walk away from with people saying 'Wow! Now that girl got canned!'
(has a look of pride on her face)

Audiences laugh

Toyota

So you want to go out in a final blaze of uselessness?



Freak

Ehh. (smiles) Remember that summer where I cooled my feet in the soft-serve machine?



Audiences laugh

7. INT BACK IN Steve’S LIVING ROOM/ APARTMENT NEXT NIGHT

Ally has just arrived and has presented Steve’s with a floral bouquet.


Steve

(pleased) Oh, flowers. You didn't have to do that. I mean, the dinner,
and the play.

Ally



You forgot the gift certificate (smiles)

Steve

You know, you make a good impression I'm gonna go put these in some water.



Ally

I like the way you think.

(Steve leaves to the kitchen. The moment she's gone, Ally rushes over to
the laptop. She finds herself promoted to the '01' friend).

Audiences laugh



Ally

Oh my God! Number one!! Ally Easterwood, you magnificent bastard!

Audiences laugh

8.INT Ally CAR AFTERNOON


In Ally’s run down Ute. Ally has stopped to pick someone up. A woman climbs into the passenger side. It’s Jac’s step mum, Mrs Hamilton.


Ally

Hi Jac’s (The woman turns to face her.)
You're not Jacqueline.


MRS HAMILTON

I'm her step-mother. Drive.

(Svet does as she's told and sets off down the street)



MRS HAMILTON

Text Box: 5It's taken me two years to climb up to the top of that
myspace, and I don't intend to lose my spot to you.



Ally

But, I never...


MRS HAMILTON

(threatening) You just stay away from that myspace


9. INT BACK IN Steve’S LIVING ROOM/ APARTMENT NEXT NIGHT

Both are on coach watching a DVD.

Ally

You know uh, Steve, I uh, couldn't help but notice that I'm on your
top friends.



Steve

You deserve it.



Ally

But I can't help thinking that maybe there's someone in your life who
deserves it more. Someone you've known, you know, more than a week.



Audiences laugh

Steve

My stepmother got to you, didn't she?



Audiences laugh

Ally

What? No.


Steve

Uuh, I can't believe she did this again. That's it! She's off my top friends completely!

(Jac’s gets up, stams to the laptop)


Audiences laugh

Ally

Yikes!



10.INT Ally and Freak’s APARTMENT NIGHT

Donna, Roza and Svet talking in kitchen picking at nachos.

Freak

(fishing a conversion) So then they found out that I took their hard drives.

Toyota

How could they not fire you?


Audiences laugh

Text Box: 6Freak

Never thought I'd fail at failing.



Audiences laugh

Toyota

Aw, come on there now.


Audiences laugh

Freak

(depressed) Feel like I can't do anything wrong.


Audiences laugh

Ally

Nonsense. You do everything wrong.



Audiences laugh

DONNA

(hopeful) Everything?


Audiences laugh

SVET

Everything.



Audiences laugh

DONNA

You really think so?



Audiences laugh

SVET

Absolutely. I have no confidence in you.


Audiences laugh

DONNA

Alright. I guess I just have to pick myself up, dust myself off, and
throw myself right back down again!



Audiences laugh

Toyota

That's the spirit. You suck!



Audiences laugh

Freak

(pleased) I know.



Audiences laugh

11.INT Freak talking to boss



Freak stands before Boss's desk. She occasionally shrugs at the boss’s remarks.



Text Box: 7

BOSS

I heard what you did in the parking lot, and it is
in-excuse-a-bull. You personally insulted me, my staff... I cannot believe that
you, could carry out such a disloyalty. Breaks my heart to say
it... You're fi...

(Donna looks eager, as the boss reaches this point. Suddenly, Another employee enters the office.



WILHELM

Wait, wait, sir. Donna doesn't deserve any of the blame
for what. If there's anyone to blame
here, it's me.

(Donna stares at Wilhelm in disbelief.


Audiences laugh


BOSS

What're you talking about, Wilhelm. You crazy?

WILHELM

No, no. No, no, sir. I ordered Donna to drive around insulting people
today. Because I'm tired of all your macho head games.


Freak

(distressed) He's lying, sir! I'm tired of all your macho head games!



Audiences laugh

BOSS

Macho head games?



WILHELM

(Wilhem puts arm round Donna's shoulder) she's just being loyal to me, sir.



Audiences laugh

BOSS

Wilhelm, you're fired. I owe you an apology Donna. Now, if you excuse me, I got some work to do..(heads toward the door)


Freak

(turns to Wilham) what was that?!


WILHELM

I wanted to get fired. Freak, you are looking at the new head designer of Ace’s. (walks away toward the door, leaving Freak looking crushed.)


Audiences laugh

END

No comments: