Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Script

Script

FADE IN
INT: MIA’S APPARTMENT

The apartment is very modern. It is well decorated with nice furniture and paintings. Everything in the kitchen is stainless steal including the coffee machine sitting on the end of the bench. Sitting on the coffee table is a fresh bunch of flowers, a laptop and a small pile of women’s magazines.
It is early in the morning and there is a stream of light coming into the apartment from a small gap in the curtains. CAMERA PANS to the door to MIA’s room. She slowly walks out and heads towards the window, pulling open the curtains and letting the warn light into the room.
Mia is a short, slender woman with neat brown hair and brown eyes. She is 24 years old and works as a web developer in the city.

MIA:
I think today is going to be a good day.

Mia heads towards the kitchen and makes a cup of coffee. There is a knock at her front door. Wondering who it could be this time of morning she answers the door. Under a pile of boxes is her good friend GEORGE. He has a frown on his face as he clumsily drops some of his items to the floor.

MIA:
George? What are you doing?

GEORGE:
I had nowhere else to go. My landlord kicked me out because I couldn’t pay the rent. Could I stay here for a little while?

MIA:
Um…ok. But you’ll have to sleep on the couch.

GEORGE:
Thanks! You wont regret this.

CAMERA TRACKS as George walks into the apartment and puts his boxes down in the corner. Mia continues to get ready for work while George makes himself comfortable on the couch and watched TV.


MIA:
I’m off to work now. There is food in the fridge and if you need anything just ring me.

GEORGE:
Ok, thanks.

Mia leaves for work. George decides he is thirsty and walks to the fridge. He pulls out a bottle of milk. As he closes the fridge door he drops the milk and it goes everywhere.

GEORGE:
I don’t really want to clean that. I’m sure Mia will do it. I’m hungry though.

Instead he takes a packet of chips and goes to sit on the couch. As he eats he drops crumbs everywhere. He decides to put his feet up on the coffee table and knocks over the flowers.

FADE OUT
FADE IN

Mia returns home to find her house in a mess. There is milk on the floor, crumbs all over the couch; the sink is full of dirty dishes, the flowers are on the floor and George’s boxes had fallen over.

MIA:
George, why is my apartment so messy?

GEORGE:
Messy? Oh… yeah I got hungry.

MIA:
HUNGRY? You could have cleaned up.

GEORGE:
Why? You’re a better cleaner and besides there were good shows on TV.

MIA:
I invited you into my house and this is how you treat me! If you want to stay here you have to help out otherwise your going to have to leave!

GEORGE (OS):
But I have nowhere else to go.

MIA:
Right now I don’t care.

GEORGE :
But I would have done a bad job if I cleaned and you would have yelled at me anyway.

MIA:
At least you would have tried.

GEORGE :
Well why should I clean it’s not my house. I never cleaned anyway.

MIA:
Fine. GET OUT THEN! THIS IS NOT A HOTEL!

GEORGE:
FINE!

Door slams as George leaves. Mia starts cleaning up the mess.

FADE OUT
FADE IN

It is night-time and Mia is sitting in front of the TV with her laptop on. She hears a knock at the door and sees George standing outside with a bunch of flowers.

GEORGE:
I’m so sorry Mia. I know I was wrong. I promise if you let me stay I will clean up after myself.

MIA:
Are you going to mean it? I’m not going through all this again. You’re my friend but there is only so much I can take.

GEORGE:
I know. I should be a better friend.

MIA:
Ok.. you can stay but if you do it one more time I’ll kick you out for good.

GEORGE :
Ok..I understand.

Both George and Mia walk into the apartment and set down to spend the rest of the night in front of the TV.

END

No comments: